Watercress, Spinach and Pea Soup
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Recepie
Treat the family with this fresh vibrant soup packed with green goodness and hearty flavours. Makes a perfect starter or a delightful light lunch.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 garlic clove, diced
- 1–2 stock cubes
- 750ml water
- 170g frozen peas
- 150g spinach
- 170g watercress
- 150ml double cream or coconut milk for a vegan option
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, fry the onions, celery and garlic for approx. 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add 750ml of water to the pan, crumble in your stock cubes and bring to the boil.
- Add peas and return to the boil, then cover and leave to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the washed watercress and spinach. If the watercress stems are too tough or fibrous you can just remove the leaves and discard the stems.
- Add the spinach and watercress to the pan and leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Let the soup cool slightly before blending it until smooth.
- Mix in 100ml of cream or coconut milk
- serve in bowls and garnish with pea shoots and black pepper and a spoon of cream/Coconut milk.
- Add some Nakasero Giardiniera on top for a tangy twist.
- Send us a snap of your creation, and enjoy!
Keywords: Spinach, Watercress, Green Soup,