We’ve received lots of requests for an easy low carb alternative to traditional bread, so here it is. This bread is perfect for toasting and sandwiches. I personally love making cheese toast topped with Giardiniera, dunking the bread in soup or just enjoying it with good old fashioned butter!
- 40g Psyllium husk
- 40g Chia seeds
- 55g Almond flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 45g Coconut oil
- 5 Egg whites
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 120ml Almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 200C (392F).
- Combine the (dry ingredients) psylium husk, chia seeds, salt, baking powder and almond flour in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the (wet ingredients) coconut oil, almond milk and egg whites and whisk well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Beat until the mixture is well combined and thick.
- Put your bread mixture into a greased or lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for an hour, however do check after 50 mins to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- When the bread is done, let it rest for two minutes before turning it out on a rack and allow to cool.
Here are some ways you can give your bread a unique twist:
Add sun-dried tomatoes or olives into the mixture
Top the bread with Parmesan and herbs before baking like we have in the picture.
Top the bread with sesame seeds before baking
Add finely chopped garlic and rosemary into your mixture and sprinkle some on top before baking.