Seared Sesame Tuna with Chilli and Lime Dressing
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: serves 2
This seared Yellowfin tuna is bursting with flavour and really hits the spot when you want something fresh, tasty and quick.
- 250g yellowfin Tuna steak
- Pink Himalayan rock salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Black and white sesame seeds
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- Your choice of baby salad leaves, we love a mixture but rocket goes very well tuna
- Small handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey (you can also substitute this with 6 drops of liquid stevia)
- 1 tbsp Nakasero Giardiniera
- Lightly season the tuna steak with the salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds onto a plate and set to one side for now.
- Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick pan at medium heat.
- Sear the tuna for about 20/30 seconds on each side.
- Take the tuna out of the pan and quickly roll in the sesame seeds to coat both sides of the steak.
- Let the tuna steaks rest for about two minutes.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To serve, scatter the baby salad leaves, radish, tomatoes, onions and coriander on plates.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the tuna into 1/2 cm slices and arrange on top of your leaves.
- Dress with your chilli and lime dressing.
- Garnish with the Giardiniera.
- Send us a snap of your creation, and enjoy!
This tuna, paired with dressing is also very satisfying on a bed of boiled rice.
Keywords: Seared Tuna, Yellowfin Tuna, Tuna Salad