Bruschetta and Fresh Pesto
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: serves 8
What better way to enjoy beautiful, fresh, juicy seasonal tomatoes! This has got to be one of my favourite summertime snacks
- 6 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp Nakasero Giardiniera plus brine
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella, sliced (optional)
- Loaf of ciabatta bread
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 50g cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino
- 120ml cup olive oil
- 60g pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl carefully combine the diced tomatoes, onion, oregano, torn basil leaves, salt, 1-2 tbsp of Nakasero Giardiniera with 2 tbsp of the brine and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Cut ciabatta bread into thick slices, approx 8.
- Lightly toast both sides of your Ciabatta bread.
- To make your pesto:
- In a food processor blend the basil, pine nuts, garlic and cheese.
- With the processor runs slowly stream in the olive oil.
- Stir in salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the sliced mozzarella on toasted ciabatta slices.
- Spread the Pesto on top of the mozzarella.
- Generously top the bread with the bruschetta mixture.
- Send us a snap of your creation, and enjoy!
Keywords: Bruschetta, pesto, tomato, basil