Guacamole is a flavoursome avocado-based dip or spread first developed in Mexico. In recent years with the rising popularity of avocados in salads and recipes Guacamole has become a favourite in homes across the world.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 100g tomato (chopped)
- 2 Serrano peppers or chillies of your choice (finely diced)
- A small handful of coriander (roughly chopped)
- 3/4 tsp salt (add more to taste)
- 1–2 tbsp Nakasero Giardiniera
- 2–3 tbsp Nakasero Giardiniera brine
- Add your onion, chilli, coriander and salt into a mortar.
- Using a pestle, grind your ingredients into a fine paste.
- Add the avocado.
- Grind further, but only until it is a chunky paste (you can make it finer if you prefer)
- Add the tomatoes and combine with a spoon
- Stir in two the Giardiniera and brine together with the torn coriander leaves.
- Taste and adjust salt and sour by adding Giardiniera brine according to your taste.
- Enjoy your guacamole and send us a snap of your creation.
Keywords: Avocado, guacamole, mexican